As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
Compliance with our legal obligations;
To protect your vital interests;
To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
We may continue to retain your Personal Information after you deactivate your User Account and/or cease to use any particular Services, as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes regarding our Users or their Users-of-Users, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our agreements and/or protect our legitimate interests.
We maintain a data retention policy which we apply to Personal Information in our care.
The GDPR is a regulation intended to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the EU. It aims to protect the fundamental right to privacy and the protection of personal data. Wix.com is 100% committed to data protection. That’s why we welcome the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as the GDPR), which was approved and adopted by the European Union (EU). Please check Wix and the GDPR at https://support.wix.com/en/article/general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr
If you are a California resident using the Services, the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") grants you the right to request access to and deletion of the Personal Information Wix collects about you, as well as to request that we disclose how we collect, use, and share your Personal Information.
California residents also have a right to opt-out of the sale of their Personal Information by a business and a right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of their rights under the CCPA.
No Discrimination. Wix does not discriminate against any User for exercising their rights under the CCPA. See wix’s CCPA policy at https://www.wix.com/about/privacy
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a site visitor's browser. They are typically used to keep track of the settings users have selected and actions they have taken on a site.We are using cookies on our site.
To provide a great experience for you.
To identify our registered members.
To monitor and analyze the performance, operation and effectiveness of Wix's platform.
To ensure our platform is secure and safe to use.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services. For more info about Wix’s cookies please check https://www.wix.com/about/cookie-policy
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
As noted above, if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: https://www.pdpc.gov.sg
Last updated : 20 Jun 2022
We may share your Personal Information with service providers and others (or otherwise allow them access to it) in the following manners and instances:
Third Party Service Providers: Wix has partnered with a number of selected service providers, whose services and solutions complement, facilitate and enhance our own. These include hosting and server co-location services, communications and content delivery networks (CDNs), data and cyber security services, billing and payment processing services, domain name registrars, fraud detection and prevention services, web analytics, e-mail distribution and monitoring services, session recording and remote access services, performance measurement, data optimization and marketing services, content providers, and our legal and financial advisors (collectively, “Third Party Service Provider(s)”).
We may share the following categories of Personal Information with Third Party Service Providers for a business purpose:
· identifiers, including name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
· commercial Personal Information, for example Personal Information regarding products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.
information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Sharing Personal Information by Wix subsidiaries and affiliated companies in the European Union, the United Kingdom and Switzerland with Wix’s subsidiaries located outside these regions will only take place under an approved transfer mechanism, such as the relevant Standard Contractual Clauses.
In connection with a change in corporate control: In addition, should Wix or any of its affiliates undergo any change in control, including by means of merger, acquisition or purchase of substantially all of its assets, your Personal Information may be shared with the parties involved in such event.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
1. To provide and operate the Services;
2. .To further develop, customize, expand, and improve our Services, based on Users’ common or personal preferences, experiences and difficulties;
3. To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
4. To be able to contact our Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages ;
5. To help us to update, expand and analyze our records to identify new customers;
6. To facilitate, sponsor, and offer certain contests, events, and promotions, determine participants’ eligibility, monitor performance, contact winners, and grant prizes and benefits;
7. To analyze our performance and marketing activities;
8. To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
9. To provide you with professional assistance , only upon your request;
10. To enhance our data security and fraud prevention capabilities; and
11. To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
We use your Personal Information for the purposes set out in Section 3 where:
1. Our use of your Personal Information is necessary to perform a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g. to provide you with a website builder, to provide you with our customer assistance and technical support);
2. Our use of your Personal Information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have; or
3. Our use of your Personal Information is necessary to support legitimate interests and business purposes (for example, to maintain and improve our Services and the effectiveness of Wix by identifying technical issues), provided it is conducted in a way that is proportionate and that respects your privacy rights.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
To provide you the Services, we must collect Personal Information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information you provide us, from your use of the Services, and from other sources. Here are the types of Personal Information we collect about you:
1. Information you provide us. When you register for our Services, purchase and/or register domain names, use any of our Services; and/or when you contact us directly by any communication channel (e.g., Wix’s support tickets, emails), you may provide us Personal Information, such as name, email address, phone number, payment information (for Users with Paid Services), information you include in your communications with us and with other users on our platform, and Personal Information contained in scanned identification documents (such as an ID card, driver’s license, passport, or official company registration documents).
2. Information we collect when you use the Services. When you visit, download, and/or use any of our Services, we may collect aggregated usage Personal Information, such as Visitors’ and Users’ browsing and ‘click-stream’ activity on the Services, session heatmaps and scrolls, non-identifying Personal Information regarding the Visitor’s or User’s device, operating system, internet browser, screen resolution, language and keyboard settings, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, etc.
3. Information we collect from other sources. We may receive Personal Information about you from third-party sources, such as i) security providers , fraud detection and prevention providers for example to help us screen out users associated with fraud, ii) social media platforms, when you log-in or sign-up using your social media account, we may receive Personal Information from that service (e.g., your username, basic profile Personal Information) and in some cases, we may collect Personal Information from lead enhancement companies which help us to improve our service offering; iii) advertising and marketing partners in order to monitor, manage and measure our ad campaigns.
After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.